Tuesday 17 March 2009

Up. Down. Down.

Ah, I feel somewhat relieved to have one of my lies/absences of truth come to the open. I found out to-night that both my parents are well aware of my tattoo. I think I feel a bit happy about it, because they haven't ever been angry with me for it (as I assumed they would) and to-night they sort of mentioned it in passing.

Apparently my mother has known about it for not-quite-a-year, and I'd assume the same from my father. I kind of like that I had a year's "head start," or whatever.

I kind of wish they didn't know. I liked t better that way. Even so, since they do know, I'm pleased that they've handled it so well. First time for everything!

PS Fuck. While I've been writing this they've started yelling at each other again. It was too good to last. Ten minutes of civility, even friendliness, and it's over.

No comments: