Thursday 5 March 2009

High School Again

I'm living at my folks place with no forseeable change in the matter, so I am going to resort to blogging again. Venti-size (get it? VENTIng? Ha!). It's childish and silly, but being as Alone as I Am in Los Angeles, I have few other options while I wait to be rejected when I seek job after job, fellowship after fellowship, and sense of accomplishment after sense of accomplishment.

To update: I graduated uni in December 2008 and have snce been job-hunting and traveling, with more of the same to come. I didn't apply to graduate schools because I was hoping (expecting?) to get one of a couple teaching fellowships for the fall, but have since been alerted that I am not qualified to do much besides drink wine, eat cheese, and smoke Luckies.

I'm living with my folks in Los Angeles (not having a job = not able to pay rent in NYC like I did for the first month out of uni). My close friends are 7500 miles away, and most everyone else is still in uni. As most people know LA is not my ideal place for, you know, breathing or living or anything, but here I am. Bitter. So I'm going to vent just like I used to in high school, on an Angsty Blog. It's appropriate since I'm living in my high school bedroom again, right?

I have hope (however weak) that the angst will peter out as apply for more jobs and fellowships and teaching programs. I'll have to bear with myself till then.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

hang in there. it will all sort itself out, i know it. you are too wonderful for it not to..

love you <3

(and you are good for much more than that)