Saturday 21 March 2009

Open Letter: LA

Dear Los Angeles,

I was warming up to you again (sort of), but to-day was quite disappointing. If you only bring the sun out at 4.oo pm, well, you can't expect me to be pleased. You do realize, of course, that the hope of getting some colour is the main reason I endure this situation.

Oh, Los Angeles, I know that was harsh. I just need to be honest if we're going to be in this "live together" relationship. I know that you're aware of how difficult you can be, and of how our dispositions don't match all too often. I know I can be difficult for you, too, what with the shit-talking I can do. Still, I love you. At least, I love some of the memories we share.

Listen, Los Angeles, I know I'm rambling. I'm sure you have as much difficulty dealing with me as I do with you. But please. Let's work together. If you can give me some good sun and sweet breezes (I know you have it in you; don't hold back to spite me), I will ask nothing else of you, and in return, I won't bad-mouth you at all.

Los Angeles, I know we have a lot of history and based on that we may never love each other the way we once did. But since we have to live together, let's be civil, if not sweet.

Much affection,
Rina

No comments: