Wednesday 24 October 2007

Life Lesson #482

I was going to write something up last week after finishing my second paper of the week, but never got around to it. Since then, I've not had much to write about. I sprained my ankle Thursday night and busted up my bike a bit Friday, but both items are doing well now. The next paper, however ...

Being held up bike-less and with an injured ankle this weekend, I didn't get around to the libraries until Monday to do the reading for one tutorial (studying the prophet Micah and a bit of Heschel in connection with it) and all the reading (11 articles and books) and a paper for the next tutorial. So here I am, just under 12 hours from when the paper is due and not feeling so hot about it.

Although this is not the first time something has been difficult for me out here, I've been feeling particularly out of sorts to-day. It's making me realize that I need something, some daily something to keep my spirits up and my morale strong. The social thing won't really work for that (not going so well this week) and if I try to watch a bit of stand-up comedy or TV to cheer myself up I find myself watching hours and hours of it. Yummy food doesn't really work either. Do you guys have any ideas?

Anyway, things will be fine. I will finish this paper, turn it in on time, have a productive tutorial, and then hit the library for next week's paper. That's the most important thing I have to collect from this -- if I get a little bit behind, even just a day or two, it will drag me down in more ways than one. I'm lucky to have this brought to my attention so early in the term, anyway.

By the way, more photos are up! (Check out links on the left side of this page.) Much love to you all.

1 comment:

ginsper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.