Wednesday 24 June 2009

Fine Art Photography

I want to be creative again. I'm going to buy film and make use of my camera, take it wherever I go, just as I did for the eight months after I got it. I was painfully disappointed to see the photos I took this winter, what with the few months of rusting in the artist department. I think in general, one is lucky to get a single good print out of a 24- or 36-print roll of film; I usually like three or four of mine because I am of the elementary mind. In the four rolls from the beginning of the year, I was lucky to choose one I thought was worthy of remark. This. Must. Change.

I think one part of the difficulty I find is that I prefer portraitism (I'm making up words again! Hooray!), but I don't see people anymore. Generally, I'm OK with not seeing people (I don't like people. Yes, that means you), but when it comes to my photography, I know that that's the closest I come to a forté.

Does this mean I have to be social again? I'm not sure I can afford that, financially or psychologically.

No comments: