Monday 18 February 2008

As the University Turns

OK, so LASERS is no longer a temptation, but someone at this row of study seats smells really, really good. I want find out who it is and make them sit next to me as some sort of aromatherapy.

In other news, when did college become the new high school? This weekend has been so much drama. Just among my few close friends here (6 or 7 people) there are: fights over friends, competition over boys (spurred by the fight over friends), 'I can't be friends with you because you like some other boy more than me,' snapped tendons, grandparents going into a home, crazy-emotional family problems, an eating disorder or two, excessive drinking, debt, depression, drug abuse, leading on boyfriends/girlfriends, sex, lack of sex, roommate drama, unrequited love, and epileptic fits. (And no, most of the above do not apply to me.) And these are the nice, sane kids. I chose friends who weren't crazy for a reason!

It's not usually like this; it's just the last week or so has been outrageous. The library is a good escape, as is laughter. Nothing like saying, 'hey, you want to go where those flashing lights are and have a fit?' to an epileptic to cheer you up.

Alright, two papers for Wednesday, so I get to ignore that craziness for a few days while I live in the library and drink cartons of orange juice.

No comments: